TRANSPARENT.LY PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the privacy practices of Renuant LLC, d/b/a Transparent.ly (“Transparent.ly”, “we,” “our,” or “us”). This Privacy Statement explains what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it and the choices you can make regarding your information.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ONLINE ADVERTISING, TRACKING AND OPT-OUTS
- PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
- CONTACT US
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect both personal and other information about you. Personal information (also referred to as personal data in some jurisdictions) is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (directly or indirectly) with you. In contrast, non-personal information does not and cannot reveal an individual’s identity such as information that has been deidentified or aggregated.
The type and amount of personal information we collect varies based on which of our products and services you use and what you choose to share with us.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
|Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, or other similar identifiers, phone number, date of birth and age. We may approximate your location based on your IP address.
|Age range, marital status or sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression)
|COMMERCIAL AND SERVICE RELATED INFORMATION
|Services purchased, obtained, considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Accident, driving, or insurance claim history, credit information such as credit score range, dwelling value, dwelling age, dwelling type, dwelling ownership history, dwelling disaster zone, dwelling mortgage amount, and other dwelling characteristics as provided by you on our websites.
|INTERNET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC NETWORK ACTIVITY INFORMATION
|Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, device identifier or other device information, and location information.
|Audio, electronic, or similar information.
|Highest level of education or degree program of interest.
|Inferences drawn from any personal information collected to create a profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information and other information about you in several ways and from several sources. Personal information is collected from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you use or interact with one of our websites (“Sites”), emails, or speak with us on the phone; and
- From other parties such as our corporate affiliates, data brokers, service providers, and marketing companies.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal for business purposes including:
- To fulfill your request or provide our services and products to you. We may use your personal information such as age and address to provide you information about different providers of insurance products, financial products, educational degree information and other services (collectively, “Business Clients”) and to connect you with these providers at your request. We may also use your personal information to complete a transaction or respond to a customer service request or other inquiry.
- Improve, develop, and analyze our Sites, services, and products. We use your personal information and other information to:
- analyze, improve, develop, or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features using algorithms, analytics software, and other similar methods;
- conduct research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers; and
- analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience.
- Marketing and Targeted Advertising. We may use your personal information to serve you ads or customized content on the internet, send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may be of interest to you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or may send text messages via a mobile device. Push notification preferences are controlled in your device.
- Communicate with you. We may communicate with you to provide you transaction confirmations or other service-related messages via mail, email, phone or other available methods such as push notifications.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your personal information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your personal information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
- Update, enhance or correct our records. We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that information with other information we have about you to update, enhance or correct our records.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information in accordance with applicable laws or regulatory requirements and also for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to fulfill the business or commercial purposes that are explained in this Privacy Statement.
ONLINE ADVERTISING, TRACKING AND OPT-OUTS
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use and access of these Sites using a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”).
We or our service providers may use these Tracking Technologies to collect or receive information from our websites and elsewhere on the internet and use this information as described below. This information may also be combined or linked with personal information we collect directly or through other sources. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The websites which linked you to, or away from, our Sites, how frequently you visit the Sites, your interaction with emails we send, pages you visit on our Sites, and the ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites, recordings of mouse clicks, mouse movements, keystrokes, and other communications you make on our Sites;
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, unique device identifiers or advertiser ID, and other similar information, and
- Analytics information collected by us or via third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users.
Use of the information: We or our service providers may use the data collected through Tracking Technologies to improve, enhance, and personalize your customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites, and for other purposes such as:
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and targeted advertising across multiple devices combining your information with information received from third parties;
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness and other attributes of our Sites;
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
Our service providers include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and LiveRamp. To learn more about our service providers, select the links below:
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
- Microsoft Privacy Statement
- LiveRamp Privacy Notice
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change your browser settings to disable existing cookies, automatically request cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services.
Targeted Online Advertising and Do Not Track: We work with third parties to display advertising on our website. We or our advertising service providers, including Facebook, may use information about your activities on our Sites, to help tailor advertisements or offers to what may be of interest to you – also called interest-based advertising. The information is gathered using the Tracking Technologies explained above. To limit interest-based advertising, please visit www.optout.aboutads.info. Please note that you may continue to see generic or non-targeted ads about our products and services if you opt-out of interest-based advertising.
The Sites that contain third-party pixels or other Tracking Technology that enables interest-based advertising do respond to and honor “Do Not Track” and “Global Privacy Control” signals from your browser.
Email Marketing Opt-out: If you opt out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you transactional, non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices. To opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional emails, visit Contact Us.
PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have specific rights under certain state privacy laws. These rights differ by state and the ways you engage with Transparent.ly.
California, Connecticut, and Virginia Residents: California residents have rights to access, correct, and delete their personal information as well as other rights described below. Similar rights exist for Connecticut and Virginia residents.
Right to Know and Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and the right to know:
- the categories of personal information collected;
- the categories of sources from which personal information was collected,
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we disclose or share personal information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete the personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions including that we need the personal information to:
- Complete a transaction or provide a good or service you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Right to Correct Personal Information: You have the right to request we correct any inaccurate information we have about you. We may request that you provide documentation to support your request and we will correct your information unless we determine that the personal information is more than likely accurate.
Non-Discrimination Rights: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the privacy rights described in this Privacy Statement.
Verified Requests: To protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to requests to know, access, delete or correct that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide several pieces of personal information, such as name and demographic information, which we will only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Submitting a Request: To submit an access deletion, or correction request, visit https://transparent.ly.consumerprivacyinfo.com to submit an online request or call us at 1-866-266-9877. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period. Requests from authorized agents must be submitted via the same online portal or toll-free number but to protect your privacy, consumers will be required to verify their identity directly with us via our online portal or toll-free number.
Connecticut and Virginia residents: If we are unable to fulfill your request to access, review, delete or correct your personal information, we will respond to you explaining why. If you would like to appeal for additional review of our inability to fulfill your request, visit our Appeals webpage.
Opt Out of Sharing/Sale of Personal Information and Targeted Advertising: We do not sell personal information for money. However, on some of our websites, we allow third-party pixels and other Tracking Technology which enables the sharing of personal information about website users with third parties for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertising. This sort of online advertising may be considered cross-context behavioral advertising under the California Consumer Privacy Act and may be considered targeted advertising under the Connecticut Data Privacy Act and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. You may opt-out of that sharing and of receiving targeted advertising at any time by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link located in the footer of those Sites that use those third-party pixels and other Tracking Technology. You may also opt out by enabling Global Privacy Controls within certain web browsers while visiting those Sites.
Our Sites are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child without the required parental consent, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such data from our records.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
If you should have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please visit our Contact Us webpage.
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The date at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.