The Right Insurance for My Home
Whether you’re a homeowner or renting, having insurance is the best way to cover your home and belongings in the event of damage due to peril. Insurance can also financially protect you if you accidentally damage someone else’s property, or if a visitor is injured in your home.
Depending on your living situation, the type of coverage you need will vary. Read on to compare the type of coverage you need for your home.
What Do I Need to Protect?
Whether you live in an apartment or a single-family home, there is a risk of accidents, disaster, theft, or other peril.
If you are a renter, you can protect your belongings with renters insurance. Renters insurance covers your personal property, such as appliances, furniture, electronics, and more. Renters insurance can also financially protect you from repair, medical, and legal costs in the event you accidentally damage your rental, or a visitor is injured in your home.
If you are a homeowner, you will need enough homeowners insurance coverage to repair or rebuild your home, and your possessions, in the event they are damaged due to a peril. You can also enjoy the added peace of mind with personal liability coverage. If a guest is injured on your property, or if you cause damage while visiting someone else’s property, the costs will be covered.
Compare the Best Home Insurance Quotes for Your Coverage Needs:
Different Types of Homes Have Different Coverage Needs
Insurance needs vary depending on the type of home you live in, and whether you rent or own. Select your type of home below to learn about the right coverage for you:
- Apartment: If you are renting an apartment, you will need renters insurance. Learn more
- Condos: Condo insurance needs depend on several factors, including your condo association’s master policy. Learn more
- Duplexes: Your duplex insurance will depend on whether you are a landlord, resident, or both. Learn more
- Mobile and manufactured homes: Mobile homes are a convenient and affordable way to own a home, with their own unique insurance needs. Learn more
- Single-family homes: A good starting point is to have at least enough insurance to cover the costs of rebuilding your home. Learn more
- Townhomes: Townhome insurance needs will vary depending on if you own or are renting. Learn more
Shop the best quotes in minutes for your unique home with CompareHomeInsuranceQuotes.com. Save up to $510/year* on top companies!